Sign in to follow this  
Guest djholmes1200

List of required Vista updates... where?!?!

I remember reading a list of all Vista updates that were required (or strongly adviced) for FSX. I've searched Phil Taylor's blog (since I thought he posted it) but I can't find it anywhere!I just re-installed Vista and noticed at least two updates (KB940105 and KB943302) aren't updated/installed automatically. So I might be missing more...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the quick reply! Apparently I didn't miss one. ;)

BTW One of the main reasons for doing a complete re-install of my system, was to see of FSX would benefit from it. I even formatted the complete data disk I have and installed FSX on it as the first thing, while it was completely empty. Compared to my one year old installation there was... NO difference at all...

Yeah, that's one thing I love about Vista is that its pretty good at keeping itself in top shape with all the built in security, automatic updates and defragging, and stuff like certification and driver signature enforcement. I don't think a reinstall would do much at all unless there's a severe problem. And even then, just doing a repair install can work wonders. Memory management seems much better too so that background programs just don't seem to hurt performance if you have at least 2 Gig.