Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Weird 2D Panel Behavior

Hi All,For some reason, FSX got into a weird mode where the main 2D panel was tracking the same movement as my TrackIR motion. By this, I mean the 2D panel would pan around or go up and down as I viewed the scenery outside the cockpit, following my exact head movement.However, if I looked far enough to either my left or right (like looking out the side windows) the problem went away (panel was no longer visable in the view)For some reason, I'm unable to get out of this mode.Any suggestions on how to correct and get back to the normal 2D panel behavior so that it doesn't move around and is locked in place)?Bill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Guest UlfB

Hi Bill,That's the normal behaviour of TrackIR in 2D panel. TrackIR should be used with the virtual cockpit. Disable TrackIR temporarily if you swithc to 2D panel.Ulf B

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

One of the new features of FSX is the expansion of TrackIR into the different view modes. You still have use of the TrackIR in the "Virtual Cockpit" mode, with full 6 DOF support, but this has also been expanded to the other views as well. As always, to disable the TrackIR rotation in the different view modes, just press the F9 key (default) to pause the TrackIR software. "2D Cockpit" mode - TrackIR has support for head movement in both the Yaw and Pitch axes.Outside View: Tail