Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Great news for UTX users with older systems...

Since having flown a test flight last night and landing at Buttonville, Ontario, Canada, ...and doing so only with about 7 to 10 FPS down to the numbers.......well, I have since kept working at options and now have UTX-USA and Canada running on my P4 3.4Ghz at a nominal 15-22 FPS!I have all options turned on EXCEPT the following tweaks:1. I have only the intersection lights operating, and have turned off the street-lamp lighting.2. I had all minor roads turned off, but have since been able to turn them back on, so all roads are active.3. I scaled down all casements exactly by half their default value, and this makes for a more realistic look (subjective, of course) to roads at around 3,500 feet AGL.4. I am using the 2M textures instead of the 1M textures and that has brought up my FPS quite a bit. Also, at FSX start-up, the pre-load is faster. I don't truly see that much of a landscape degradation from going to 2M from default 1M. Not really. If there actually is...it is most livable.Other tweaks here and there, mostly changes to the widths of components. I now have a very flyable P4 3.4Ghz UTX-X enabled system. It will do me until I upgrade. I just thought others might want to have this info. :)Mitch

Guest UlfB

Mitch,To be honest I think that your problems with UTX would have been solved a lot quicker if you would have used the UTX support forum from the start. And the tweaks #1, 2 and 4 are documented in the user manual. And the UTX Setup utility have very distinct information on what impact every feature have on fps.The most important tip for any add on is to study the user manual, carefully read the information in any configuration utility and use the proper support forum.I'm happy that you got your problems solved, but I did'nt appreciate your refund post here on avsim.Ulf B

Ulf, I appreciate your viewpoint, as I would anybody, but something is perhaps flying over me. In what way was that post inappropriate? I purchased a piece of software, which could have been any software, and was inquiring how one could get a refund from the party that I purchased it as I had visited their site and did not find for myself how to request one.I never ranted on or slighted your software in any way. I only stated that it 'was not for me'.What did happen, was in after reevaluating the software, it became apparent to myself that it would fit my needs. Actually, there never was a 'problem' that needed to be fixed via a forum or whatever. On first use, I thought that what it added only doubled up on GEXnhanced. On a deeper inspection, I found that I was quite wrong and also published that fact that I no LONGER wished for a refund, as I did indeed find the program appealing.I also stated that quite openly and honestly. If you were offended by that post, then I will offer an apology for that. The post was only about how to effect a refund from a point of sale, of which Flight1 uses as a means of marketing. But again, if you felt slighted, or in any way made uncomfortable, then know that was not my intent at all.This post that you threaded on, was actually about the fact that I got better frame rates by working away on tweaks on FSX etc, and that those that had older systems could even garner greater FPS if they spent the time moderating their systems. :)Mitch R.

Guest UlfB

Mitch,Your post about a refund was ok, but I think that the proper place should have been the UTX support forum. The possibility of getting valid support would be much greater and other users of the UTX support forum would also benefit.Ulf B

>Mitch,>>Your post about a refund was ok, but I think that the proper>place should have been the UTX support forum. The possibility>of getting valid support would be much greater and other users>of the UTX support forum would also benefit.>>Ulf B ------------------------------------A point well-taken for future consideration. In actuality Ulf, I had not even thought that there might be a dedicated forum for your software. In fact, I really did not know of this software---even for FS9,as I don't usually 'cruise' looking for software of any ilk.I certainly will look for a forum supporting any future software I might buy---as you are right. It is the best pool of user-knowledge. No denying that, Ulf! :)Edit afterthought: BTW, Ulf, I did read the HTML version of the manual. I tend to read first, and then ask questions later. ;)Cheers,Mitch

Guest UlfB

Mitch,Thanks for you reply. I must clarify that I'm in no way associated with UTX or Flight1. I'm only a satisfied customer.Have a nice weekend :-)Ulf BEdited: I just saw your other post "I died and have gone to heaven..." and that post is right on :-)

I assumed by your initial post, that you were either the developer, or affiliated with Flight1. I see now that you were just expressing your personal opinion of the M.O. of it as a fellow forum contributor. Again, that is fine with me.You have a great weekend as well, Ulf.Mitch