Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

List of necessary processes running

Is there a list somewhere of processes that absolutely have to remain running?I have like 35-40 running all the time and don'tknow what most of them are for.Thanks,Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ron,It's going to be different for every machine, and every user and will depend on what you have installed and what it's designed to do. What you may not think is "necessary" I may think is necessary. So somewhat, it is personal preference.However, there are things you can do to determine exactly WHAT is running. If you Google the process name (for example, a process called shstat.exe), a website called liutilities.com will pop up as one of the first query results.That site is a good one for discovering what it is that particular process is responsible for (in this case, shstat.exe is part of my computer's anti-virus program).I currently only have 37 processes running. This, of course, leaves me with a lot of RAM available for running FSX and associated add-ons.FSX is still pretty CPU bound, but freeing up available RAM by shutting down unnecessary services also frees up CPU cycles, since those programs aren't going to be interrupting FSX while it is running to request system resources.Cheers