Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

Problem: IFR suddenly ends - no handover to center

Guest kingnothing

Hi,recently I've faced the problem that whenever I'm in IFR, the Departure controller just won't hand me over to Center, no matter how high and far away I am. And then all of a sudden the ATC window shows nothing but the "Nearest airports" option and I'm in VFR. Actually, there's not even a message that the radar service is terminated, nothing - it simply ends at a point.Has anybody an idea how this can be or even more important - how I could fix that?I have no Add-ons installed except FSUIPC4 and made no changes recently.Thanks in advance

Have you changed the ATC window display settings from the default (automatic display)? There is a well-known bug in FSX that stops ATC responding after a period of time if you try to change the ATC window settings. Maybe this is what you are experiencing?Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest kingnothing

It's always been on automatic display. And basically everything works perfectly fine with ATC until I reach FL 180, then I hear nothing, no handover, no new instructions, only messages exchanged with AI planes. And when I leave the area it falls totally silent.

Zip and attach a flight plan you use which consistently has this issue.I've never heard of anyone having this problem - so it is probably related to a specific area or set of ATC boundaries.

Guest kingnothing

Occured on the last three routes I flew (see zip)LIMC, KMEM and EDDK, all airports I have departed from before

Guest kingnothing

I just found that I had accidentially removed the bvcf.bgl and lak.bgl when deleting AI flight plans -.-Lukily I still had them so I restored them and everything works fine again!Thanks for your help