Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyendeavor

PAN RATE - Spot Plane View

Guest flyendeavor

I'm usually saavy enough to get by with this type of thing, but not with FSX quite yet. My pan rate has recently slowed to a stutter...like really slow - almost jumpy. It does this in any direction in spot plane view. I never fly in VC, so I dunno if this applies there but I don't really care about VC. I read something about the cameras.cfg so I know it's there I'm gonna be working but I don't wanna F it up because it seems a bit more complicated than it was to adjust this problem in FS9. Can someone walk me through resetting the pan rate to a reasonable speed in spot plane view? I thought it may be my joystick messing with the setting - it's a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. In the controls menu, however, all settings are at default sooooo not sure. Thanks in advance,Zach Herin

Zach,You adjust the pan speed values in the Cameras.cfg file that is in the C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSXfsx.CFG in XP (you didn't state your OS. And one you find it, you may want to create a shortcut to the folder so you can access the FSX.cfg when needed also.Look at the camera definitions 3 & 4 for the spot and locked spot near the bottom of each for:PitchPanRate=30HeadingPanRate=75PanAcceleratorTime=0The two RATE definitions are what you will change; they're degrees per second.That being said, the stutter suggests problems loading texture for display as you turn your view to new directions or cpu too loaded down doing other things to work with the new scenery info. You might see the same effect in the cockpit modes also.Without knowing your specs, it's hard to say what else it might be...You can adjust (add if needed) to the aircraft config cameras also to improve their response - default panning is atrocious! Play with these until you are comfortable. There's a BACKUP cameras.cfg in the fsx folder. Protect this one and you'll always be able to restore the default settings.Loyd

Guest flyendeavor

Thank you very much friend for the kind help; exactly what I was looking for ;)Zach Herin