Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Nils79

How can I solve this problem in FSX??? HELP!!!

Hello Folks!There are some pretty good scenery addons made for FS9 that are sorely needed in FSX. SCEL by Cesar Carrasco and MMUN2005 by Henry Carcamo, along with it's recent update, MMUN2008 by Chris Donawho, are perfect examples. Even though these sceneries work in FSX, they have a slight problem - the problem is that these sceneries bring trees (addon trees) icluded in their .bgl files and unfortunately, those FS9 trees look bad in FSX (black squares). Take a look at my included picture for reference. Is there any way to modify these .bgl files to get rid of the trees so these magnificent sceneries can work properly in FSX?Thanks a Million for any input.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186943.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I'd try to remove the tree textures from the add on texture folder.Ulf B

Hello Ulf!Thanks for your reply! Does not work because the .bgl files keep trying to force the tree models into the scenery, bringing down frames and still showing black squares. I know there is a way to decompile the .bgl file and eliminate the trees from the scenery - I just don't know how to do that!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert