Sign in to follow this  
raynuss

Mesh Resolution

The mesh resolution in my scenery settings is set to 10. I've been trying to set it to 38, but every time I try, it resets itself to 10. The 38 setting just won't stick. And , yes, I'm saving the new setting by clicking "OK". How do I get the new seetting to save?

Guest Nick_N

texture resolution and mesh resolution are tied together.. if tex res is 7cm the mesh res will be 10LEAVE IT THERE :)

Thanks for the reply, Nick. The reason I was trying to change it was I was trying to comply with your tutorial on the settings in FSX. According to your tutorial, I should set Mesh Resolution to 38 and Texture Resolution to max which is 7. How can I do that if they are tied together?

Guest Nick_N

Actaully I played a bit of a trick.. just set it at 7cm and let the mesh sit where it wishes, which is 10most never notice LOL10m wont hurt anything and if you do not have FSGenesis 10m mesh the 10m setting will simply default to the highest mesh resolution available to the sim, which is 38