Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rhodges

FSDiscovery question on waypoints?

Does this program recognize simple waypoints?I just tried my first taste of this program (demo) with a flightplan from KROC to KIAG. When I brought up the find option, it would not recognize any waypoints except VOR's airports, etc. Simple waypoints were not recognized (i.e. welti, lener, topke etc.). If this is so, the program would still certainly be useable, but very limited IMHO. I do see that it recognizes geographical names in the find options, but this is a bit different from trying to use conventional waypoints recognized by other traditional aviation documentation, and would be very difficult to locate on those maps.My assumption is that for flightplans where FSDiscovery is to be implemented, the flightplan must be originated in that program and probably would not be useable if originated elsewhere??? Yea, I know about assumptions.With any of these waypoints in a flightplan originated outside of FSDiscovery (i.e. FSNAV, FSC, FS9 or FSX Flight Planner), I get an error message when I try to open them in FSDiscovery (which makes sense if their waypoints are not recognized and it corrupts its flightplan.)Thanks:RTHEdit: I stand corrected. My first try was in FS9, and I got the results posted above. I just tried the same flight in FSX and it recognized my FSC originated flightplan with all waypoints just fine. Either there is a differrence between fS9 and FSX, or a short between these old ears. Sorry for the confusion.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!