Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Doing another flight after landing

Hi,Was just wondering,Once I get to my destination gate, can I load a new flightplan from there or do I need to re start from the menu, and do a new flight plan from that gate? I'm hopin there's a way to load it, maybe through the GPS or something.Thanks! Marc PMontreal, CanadaIntel Dual Core E2140Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB2GB RAMWINXP Pro19" LCD + 84" LCD Projector

Guest fsxmissionguy

Marc,You can load a new flight plan at any time before, during or after you have landed at your destination. Select Flights / Flight Planner from the FSX menu. This will bring up the same flight planner that you are used to seeing when filing VFR or IFR flight plans preflight.Once you supply the flight plan information, and confirm the plan, FSX will load it into your GPS automatically, and ATC will begin responding to that filed flight plan.Cheers,

Ok, so I could be in the sky, just departed CYUL, current flightplan to CYYZ, decide to go to CYTZ instead, follow your instructions and it would resume from where I was? Or do I need to be at gate to do this?Thanks!

Guest fsxmissionguy

Yep, FSX will just resume your flight where you are in the air. If you then open the GPS, there will be a flight plan loaded.You can also not file a flight plan on takeoff and decide in the air. I think this is called a "pop up" flight plan.You can also punch in a direct route into the GPS to a destination and get a direct vector route to your airport of choice. This can be done without even pausing the sim (but, you won't get IFR vectors from Air Traffic Control, I don't think.)Cheers,

Also you can change your destination while inflight and it will reroute you from your original departure airport but still pick up from your current location. Just an alternative to using direct to , so you at least get some waypoints to your final instead of just your destination waypoint.DaveESSB

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest Shalomar

If you file in the air, just be sure to say "no" when asked if you want FSX to move you to your departure airport. Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.