Sign in to follow this  
Guest ianrivaldosmith

World time zones....hmmm

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi all,In final preperation to start my around the world in FSX, im updating timezones in FSX. I have used FS real time to do this. To check this I checked Portugal, and it was running at GMT, however UK was running GMT+1 which is correct for summer. Now portugal shares the time with the UK, so shouldnt they be at GMT+1 too?Ive also just noticed france is at GMT+1, this should be +2! Any way to fix this?

Half the real world messed with the time zones and DST start dates in 2007.Make sure you have the latest update for FSRealTime with Dennis Thompson's Time Zones - it's from late Feb 2008.Also you need to run the DSTorSTD.exe in the folder with the scenery .bgl files every month to update the various changes in different countries.Probably the UK is one of the areas where time is modeled close to right in FSX, and Portugal is one which is not - so you have to run the DSTorSTD file to sync them up.

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Yeah I have latest versions and have run the updater thing. The UK is on GMT+1, which is right, however portugal is on GMT, which is wrong, and spain-france-germany are on GMT+1, when it should be +2!?Hmmm

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Any1 any further suggestions?

Guest ianrivaldosmith

arghh someone must know something lol? It's annoying! Portugal is on GMT wheras it should be on GMT+1. teh UK is correct and is on GMT+1. Rest of europe is all wrong like Spain,France,Italy etc...shoudl all be GMT+2 but they are all on GMT+1 like the uk!Someone help me, am tearing my hair out!