Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art_P

Help - Radio sounds stuttering

Hello,I'm having problems with sound in fsx. All of the sounds play fine except the radio. My pilot voice does not play at all and the rest of the voices stutter very horribly. Has anyone else had this problem?I hadn't played it for a few months and I don't think i'd updated any sound drivers since then. Here is what i have tried so far:1) reinstall Directx 9.0c2) reinstall latest sound card drivers3) reinstall FSX, SP1 and SP2 (tried each separately)4) tweak sound acceleration in directx dialog5) tweak SOUND_QUALITY in fsx.cfgMy config:AMD64 X2 44004GB RAMGeForce 8800 GTS 640MBSoundblaster X-Fi XtremeGamerWindows XP SP2Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Run dxdiag and reduce your Sound acceleration. Keep moving the slider to the left until the stuttering stops. I don't remember the exact nomenclature but I seem to recall that I had to set mine on Standard or Basic to make it sound right.R-

If reducing the sound quality doesn't help, I had this problem once in FS9 and found it was a background program conflicting. It takes trial and error, and when found it can be unchecked on the selective startup list.