Sign in to follow this  
lliaudais

hide my position on the FSX map

Guest raulvolador2

I like old style navigation. I take of with my clasic prop plane, no GPS, no VOR. Lost in the air. I use paper maps for this purpose. I like the challenge of discover my position looking the terrain through the glass. Sometimes i have no aerial maps of certain zones. Then i would like to use the FSX menu maps. The problem is that my actual plane position is shown on the map. Thats breaks the illusion.Any way to hide my position on the FSX map?Raul-----

Raul,I use FSMMovingMap which came out for FS9 but works perfectly well with FSX. While it normally tracks the user position, there is an "allow user scroll" mode which does not track the user or show aircraft position. I use the downloaded (and aging) US VFR charts that were made available at the same time but you can make and calibrate your own. I also just DL'd and set up another utility (GMap) that runs Google maps live and may also have a non-track mode (it's not booted up right now so I can't check and I don't recall); you can get and try it from here - free and low FPS impact...http://fswidgets.com/shop/download_files.phpLoyd