Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Adjust traffic density of ground vehicles in flight?

Guest dswo

I've had UTX Europe for several weeks now and like it even more than FS9 predecessor. Has made me aware, however, of how much effect ground vehicles can have on framerates. I like the moving roadways a lot, so I'd rather not turn them off all the way. Am wondering, though, if there's a way to adjust their density in flight, without pausing to move the slider in the settings menu.Have skimmed Peter Dowson's complete list of FSX controls, and not seen anything promising. Have also scanned the current documentation for FSUIPC, and don't see anything there. Now, maybe it just can't be done. But we're still learning; for example, a few weeks ago most of us, including Phil Taylor, didn't know that the default sim could display in-flight airport names. I'm hoping there's a similar hook for adjusting traffic levels...

Hi David,the density of the road traffic is controlled by two aspects: one is the road traffic density slider, the other is the density maximum per QMID15 cell (about 1 sqkm) influenced by the global population density raster file in SceneryBASEScenery. The latter file ensures that, with the same slider setting, road traffic density in rural areas is much less than in urban areas. It's possible to add local population density files to "fine-tune" traffic density but that's not really what you had in mind.Other than that I don't think there's a direct simConnect "hook" into traffic density but haven't looked for one yet either.Cheers, Holger