Sign in to follow this  
Guest bdg52

Carenado Mooney - VC Glass

Guest bdg52

Hi,Is there a way to remove the VC Glass tint. I know the tint is indicative of the real plane, but, the tint distorts the outside object detail rather than just apply a tint. I have removed reflection files on other aircraft, but not sure what can be done here. Any help would be much appreciated. RegardsBG

Guest bdg52

I found a fix. Sorry to bother.RegardsBG

I would be interested in your fix. I also have that aircraft and am not happy with the effect it gives on the scenery.

Jim Wenham

Guest fsxmissionguy

I remember seeing a post a few days ago which had a good suggestion for how to do this:Open the aircraft texture folder and search for a file that references the reflection. As an example, if you look in (default install):... Microsoft Flight Simulator XSimobjectsAirplanesDeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2TextureYou'll find a file called: DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2_2_Reflection.ddsIf you rename this file DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2_2_Reflection.bak you will remove the airscreen reflection for this aircraft.Doing it this way allows you to turn the refection back on if you oen day regain your desire for realism.All airplane developers don't necessarily name their files with this scheme, but for the default aircraft you should be able to figure out which file is the reflection file.Cheers,

Guest bdg52

Hi,In the texture folders (each plane model), 1. rename windowInt.bmp to WindowInt_original.bmp (it now will not be used)2. rename windowExt.bmp to WindowInt.bmp.Thats it!Bob