Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

FSX Acceleration, problems with Cockpit. VC not working....

Guest phar2rekliss

I just installed the Acceleration pack the other day and was so happy to enjoy flying the F-18 hornet. for some odd reason I cant access the Virtual cockpit or something?? Ive been only trying using the Navy Version of the F-18 so far. This is what happens: in the first view when it loads all I see is the HUD, a very large HUD with no virtual cockpit like I see in pictures or in the videos on youtube. if I change views with S or A I can get the in cockpits other panels: the side ones, and the lower panel showing the radar and displays but no cool looking cockpit like the pictures I see online. I try hitting F9 which in the keycontrols says is the virtual cockpit button and nothing happens. I even hit F10 for 2D cockpit and nothing happens or even F10, F11, F12 nothing does what it says, all the factory keycommands are selected correctly from default. my current setup is:Asus K8NE geforce3 250 socket754AMD Athalon64 3400+ at stock 2.41Ghz 512MB L2 cache fsb 201MhzCorsair Valueram 1GB (2x512mb) at 2.5-3-3-8XFX Geforce 7600GT 256MB/128-bit AGP 8x Extreme Edition 2xDVI-I stock core OCed@ 580Mhz stock ram OCed@ 750x2= 1500Mhz out the boxWindows XP SP2Virutal ram set at 4GB with 4GB's left on my C drive from a 20gig partitionEDITED IN AFTER FIRST REPLY: Installed FSX SP1 first then I installed acceleration after. I havent installed SP2 yet.and also while I been testing the flaps, ailerons, and rudders before take off for some odd reason when I go all the way left on the Left Arrow of the keyboard, the left tail wing gets stuck. thinking the redraw of the game is just buggy and its ok and it will reset on its own after flight, nope what happens is as soon as I raise thrust I turn automatically into a left turn and flip over and crash. its funny and annoying.havent found any info about these issues anywhere else so though id ask in here since im enjoying the library and information all about the new simulators available today on this site, its amazing. Im a big fan of an old simulator for the Macintoshs called " F/A-18 E Superhornet" was my favorite sim back then back when MS flight sim sucked horribly. anyones input is appreciated still have alot to learn about this game

Ok sounds like you need a joystick, first off, otherwise if you had SP2 installed b4 accleration id be looking at a clean install as acceration has SP2 as part of its install. FSX takes time to sort out but its well worth it, i still tweak from time to time but its just the best so far.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Hmmmm ... interesting problem.What happens when you right-click the view and select Cockpit? Do you see a Virtual Cockpit option in the fly-out list of views available? What happens when you select this?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188966.jpgI second the notion that you should get a joystick. They can be expensive, but don't cheap out on one either. With Acceleration, you will eventually find yourself in the EH101 wishing you had a really good twisting joystick.And when you've finished with the Acceleration missions, go here to download free add-on missions:http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.comCheers,

Guest phar2rekliss

Interesting, I do not have the virtual cockpit option in my right click mouse menu like yours shows. I dont have radio stack either, but are those in the F-18 Navy version? maybe the navy version of the Hornet doesnt have a virtual cockpit then and I should try out the other versions of the F-18 to see what happens. I feel like such a noob for talking about the problems before trying everything first, just I feel this option should be working! I did the opening tutorial getting started and I saw the virtual cockpit in that plane. but when I took autopilot off the window went black and I couldnt see anything in cockpit. when I went to outside view, I saw the scenery again but only in that view. guess it might be my setup is to slow for it. or is FSX buggy with windows XP and I should reinstall it again?????Yeah I got my eyes pasted to the Saitek X-52pro but when I saw the price for the rudder peddles 150 bucks, man. glad they are seperate. I should use FS2004 instead but I figure I might as well upgrade my CPU here in a few weeks with my taxreturn and stimulus refund I finally got so I can get a real sweet setup. those new Nvidia G200, 9900 series videocards that are coming out in a few months look smoking hot. The 8800GTS 512MB,GTX 768MB or the new 9800GX2 1GB are on my top list of upgrades. I cant wait........"I miss dropping a nuke in Baghdad like I used to do in that Macintosh game "FA 18 E Superhornet" " I wonder if FSX can do the same thing and much better looking!!!!! im searching around now for Nuke addons.... heheheeeee....

Guest fsxmissionguy

Your rig is definitely on the low end of the power spectrum, but you knew that. And the F18 does require some juice to operate.But it sounds to me that if you don't even have menu items, maybe you have a funky install and need to start over.Maybe wait till you've upgraded your parts and then start fresh?Cheers,

Guest RonB49

Delete (or rename) your FSX.cfg config file. The next time your run FSX, it will build a new configuration. I had some issues with Acceleration until I did this. This procedure was suggested by someone (from ACES, I believe) right after Acceleration/SP-2 was released. R-