Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Can/Should I uninstall Acceleration

I have had problems with several acft since installing Acceleration. Since I don't fly the "missions", I really don't know what I'm gaining with Acceleration. I'm thinking of uninstalling it. What would be the ramirfications of doing that?

Guest fsxmissionguy

None really ... but in reality, you're after uninstalling SP2. (I mention this so that you realize what the real culprit is.)It's not really Acceleration that's causing the problems with your other aircraft. It's that your other aircraft developers haven't updated their craft to make them compatible with SP2.You can't have Acceleration without SP2 ... but that's sort of a side issue. You'll lose the 3 aircraft, carrier capabilities, helo lift operations, and multi-player racing. What do you do in the sim?Bottom line ... to get your other plane functionality back, you'll have to uninstall SP2 (which means you won't be able to keep Acceleration).Before you uninstall however maybe you could tell us which aircraft are affected? Perhaps there are patches out that you are unaware of?

Most of the problems, Kevin, have been with LevelD 767 (they are aware of the problems, i.e., double spooling of engines on start, erasing of FMC information after engine start, etc.) and say they don't plan on issuing a patch for the problem. Other problem is with Wilco/FeelThere 737 in that as soon as I start the pushback procedure I get an object crash when there is nothing to cause it. They don't know what could be causing it but it only started after I installed Acceleration. All I fly are airliners, i.e., PMDG 747, LevelD 767, Wilco/Feelthere 737 and some stock light acft. Don't fly MS "missions" or carrier ops or helos.If I uninstall Acceleration will I have to uninstall and reinstall FSX and all my addons?Appreciate your help.

Guest firehawk44

I believe you'll have the same problem(s) with Acceleration uninstalled as I have ALL the same aircraft and don't suffer the problems you're encountering with Acceleration installed. You'll be wise to turn off the crash function in the realism section, not just because you're getting a crash during pushback. That's easy to do and will get rid of one problem. I suspect you are starting up the LevelD 767 from a cold start because I don't encounter the double spooling of engines on startup as the aircraft is already running. I seriously doubt SP2 or Acceleration are causing your problems in any case. If you do uninstall Acceleration, according to other threads I have read on uninstalling Acceleration, you won't have to reinstall FSX but should reinstall SP1 as that will probably be removed during the uninstalling of Acceleration. My recommendation is to uninstall everything and start anew. I believe Acceleration and SP2 modified the FSX.exe so that FSX can use greater than 2GB of memory. You may have to manually modify FSX.exe if you begin to suffer OOM errors or blue screens.Best regards,Jim

Roger that, Jim. I am starting LevelD from cold and dark. LevelD says they are aware of the double spooling and FMC problem. It's not reallly major though and doesn't affect the flight significantly. The crash on pushback with the 737 remains a mystery. Think I'll hang on to Acceleration and disable the crash as you mention. Come to think of it I haven't had any OOM errors since I installed Acceleration so I kind of hate to uninstall it.Thanks for the suggestions.

Guest firehawk44

Jeff,I'm happy to hear you're going to forge on with Acceleration. That's great that you're able to start up the 767 from a cold and dark setup. I did it a couple of times but lost patience and never tried it again. I know that if I do it often enough, it gets faster and easier. I do like programming the FMC and really enjoy that on the LvlD767 and PMDG747. I recently did a short flight with the 747 and was amazed (again) how accurate and well the FMC worked. I think the 767 works great too! Anyway, glad to see you're getting deep into the workings of complicated aircraft such as the 767 and 747. I hope Level-D is able to fix your problem soon.Best regards,Jim

Thanks, Jim. There is a great checklist for the 767 cold start. You can find it in the library. Don't know the file name by it's by John Burke and it's "Boeing 767-300ER Normal Operations Checklist". Really makes the cold and dark start a little less "challenging".Also, if you're not using Radar Contact you should give it a try.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Jeff,Glad to see you got the help you needed. I'm always amazed at how quick people are to come forward and offer solutions.As someone who developed some of the missions in Acceleration, I have, naturally, a bias for seeing people purchaseit, enjoy it and use it, but I also realize it's not for everyone.It sure has brought me a lot of fun and learning, though. Right now, I'm working on trying to reach my 100th carrier landing.Cheers,Kevin