Sign in to follow this  
BobP

XP or Vista

Guest Merv00

In the very near future I shall be buying a new comp, hopefully that will run FSX somewhat more satisfactorily than my present systemWhat OS should I choose XP or Vista? I have no experience of Vista so don't know what i'd be losing out on if I stuck with XPI think Vista supports more memory, but not sure, all opinions welcomeThanks Eric

Hi Eric,I just went through the same issue a month ago and chose Vista. I'm still not sure it was the right decision. :) So far Vista has been very stable and reliable. So was XP. My specs are below and FSX runs nicely with medium high settings. I can actually fly the Flight1 PC-12 or Carenado Mooney (I fly VC Only) into Laguardia (KLGA)with traffic and heavy clouds. (AG is dense). DX10 is a mess on my system. Lower frame rates, funny flashy things on the runway and the Simulator X logo reflections appears in the VC of the Capt Sim C-130. I assume ACES is selling rights to airplane parts like professional sports team. Citizen Bank Park for the Philadelphia Phillie's baseball team and ACES has the C130 Windscreen reflection for the C130! LOL.I guess my point is it doesn't seem to make much difference which I chose relative to FSX performance. Some people who have tried both, do report better frame rates etc. I opted to go with a new computer and a fresh install of Vista. It the newest and greatest thing. Ha! Bob..