Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

FS 11?

Guest UlfB

Nick,I have a deep respect of your knowledge and how you eagerly share it with community members.I was a little bit edgy the day I posted the response on your Nehalem post. And, as English isn't my native language, I sometimes don't get the right implications, as obviously was the case here. No apologies needed.I really wish that you had the time to post things that are well over the typical users head as well. Abbreviated explanations and the use of similes might cause misconceptions. But if you want to spend your time finishing the GEX Europe, I'd say: Don't post at all, just focus on GEX ;-):-beerchug Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Guest Nick_N

> English isn't my native language,neither is mine as I said, I was raised in the deep south :-lol Y'all batter git used to it!No worries.. and as I may get more time and something of interest may be better presented in engineering terms with translation captions I may do that from time to time. The level of technical understanding is a bit higher on this board than most.I do some of that now but still try to keep it at a level where people dont feel bad they cant follow and that is also a concern. I do not wish anyone to feel like they can not follow and comprehend this stuff as I do think it can be explained in a way that supports everyone. Going to that level does not not help many times and it can also make people feel bad too.

Sorry for being a bit behind here, but is TS2 featuring a completely redesigned core engine?

Guest UlfB

>Sorry for being a bit behind here, but is TS2 featuring a>completely redesigned core engine?Microsoft made a change of the organization some time ago. The following excerpt is taken from Phil Taylors Blog (see http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2008...and-today.aspx)---- start of excerpt -----As we moved into the new space, the leadership team updated the Studio with a re-org plan to form 4 teams:1)Core 2)Flight3)Trains4)ESPThe Core team owns the platform and the technology and delivers it to the product teams. We work with the product teams to define new features and figure out who is best to work on them. And in general drive the technical direction.---- end of excerpt -----So the technical foundation, or core, of the upcoming relases of both TS and FS, should be based on the same architecture.Probably other simmers with greater insight in the ongoing work within the Core team, might add information on this.Ulf B

Guest fsxmissionguy

I don't think the existence of a separated team called "Core" necessarily translates to "there will be a completely redesigned core engine."I would hope that the Core team is improving the foundation underpinning Flight Simulator vNext, Train Simulator 2 and ESP. Whether that equates to a "completely redesigned core" is probably a matter of opinion, but I haven't seen any public statements out of the stable of ACES bloggers that they feel a need for a complete redesign of any aspect of the simulator.There's some behind-the-scenes video up here of what they're working on:http://www.tsinsider.com/en-US/Pages/default.aspxCheers,

If TS2 is any indicator, my bet is that we'll see a little better looking grass in FS11. :D (ducks, and runs...)RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest cbuchner1

FSX will be released just in time to ship with a DirectX 11 preview on Windows 7. :-bla