Sign in to follow this  
Guest stalo

Green glass

Guest stalo

My problem is, if I select any of the aircraft, other than FSX and I select rain I get green glass. I have tryed re-installing one of the aircraft in question,and made sure the rain update fixes were installed and no joy! I removed acceleration, and that fixed the problem at hand. I know that acceleration and SP2 are one and the same, however I installed SP2 by it self, and of course that did not have any effect. So I then removed, everthing, the works and defragged the HD, and re-installed all. And you gussed it turned on the rain and looked out into a green sea with no fish, when I switched to VC. and that is on all three of my aircraft. Any help would be appreciated. ;(

There are known problems with rain and addon aircraft in FSX. I don't know of any complete fixes. If you search the forum you can find some of the things peaple have come up with. Good luck.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest Nick_N
http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...um=1197380641#7Flight1 has released a FIX for older FS9 aircraft in SP2/Accleration that have VC rain issues and cause the glass to wash out to blue or other colors.====================================Quote:If you have been paying attention to any of the recent threads you are probably aware that SP2 has broken FS9 SDK created aircraft with respect to visibility out of the windscreen in the VC when it is raining. It will render the windscreen a solid blue turquoise color.I believe we have a remedy in the form of a utility that we have created. When you run it, it will replace the affected FSX textures with new ones (No, not the FS9 ones, they are our own) and it will back up your existing FSX textures. Restoring those textures is as easy as clicking on the "restore" button.It appears to restore visibility to FS9 > FSX aircraft and does not appear to harm the FSX SDK created aircraft in any way.You may use it, upload it, include it, whatever... but all we ask is that you give us credit. Run the tool and it will fix the VC rain and cockpit windows for FS9 aircrafthttp://www.flight1software.com/fsxtools/f1_fsx_vcrainfix.exeIt back up your original files and will allow a restoreYou now have your windows clear and working=============================================================NOTE: THIS FIX DOES NOT MAKE FSX-FS9 AIRCRAFT HAVE VC RAIN FX, ONLY FIX THE WINDSHIELD PROBLEM. DO NOT RUN THIS TOOL IF YOU WANT TO RESTORE VC RAIN FX TO FS9 AIRCRAFTIf you want VC RAIN to work in FS9 aircraft that have the ability, do not run this tool, instead download the add-on vcrain.zip, rlvcrain.zip which contain modified and the orignal backup vc rain textures for FS9 and work in FSX. Install the FS9 default textures and your VC rain will return to FS9 planes

Guest stalo

Thats my problem; all these aircraft are FSX, and I have the flight 1 fix installed, and its still doing it, with one exception and that is the platus12 it works fine. I also have the tinted glass fix in for the Wilco aircraft. The strange thing is these worked fine, and all of a sudden this happened. Thats why I made the decision to remove every thing, and start over, and now I find that did not fix the problem. If I remove SP2 every thing works, however most of these planes require SP2, so it becomes a "what now coach";(