Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newtie

Making Ctrl+Shift+Q permanent?

After using the Ctrl+Shift+Q command to get the view I want, is there a way to make the adjustment permanent somewhere in a config file?Thanks,Mark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mark,Can you post a screenie of the view that you like. That way, I can try to recreate it, and then give you the values you need to adjust your cameras.cfg.CAUTION: Make a backup copy of any .cfg file before editing its contents.Control-Shift-Q moves the eyeview up and down along the pitch axis, as if you are tilting your head up and down at the neck. It is also possible to alter the "craning" position (the angle at which you have your head tilted) and "twisting" position (which heading you are pointing your head.)Values for these views are stored in a configuration file called: cameras.cfgIt is located in the ApplicationData folder of your user account. By default, in Windows XP, this would be:C:Documents and SettingsYourUserAccountApplication DataMicrosoftFSXThere are sections in this file for each of the default camera views. It is trivial to figure out which section controls which view. You can add elements and values to a section if you want. Because not all element/values are needed for all cameras, the configurations for each camera will be slightly different.The element/value you want to add to add is called: InitialPbhThis value effects the camera's pitch, but also its bank and heading orientation, offset from the default, in degrees. Note that positive degrees of pitch would result in a downward-looking view. Positive degrees of heading would result a rightward-looking view.An example element/value for this would be formatted like this:InitialPbh = 90.0, 0.0, 0.0Adding this line to your cameras.cfg in the Cameradefinition.002 section would tilt the Virtual Cockpit view directly down 90 degrees (as if you were looking into your lap). It would not adjust the crane or twist position of your view. You can adjust these values to your liking.Without a screenshot, I would be unable to suggest a set of values. I would caution you that you're controlling the initial values only. You'll still have complete control of "head position" either using the keyboard, or more normally using the hat switch on a joystick. Also, the initial values that are going to be perfect for one airplane are not necessarily going to be perfect for the next one you fly.Cheers,