Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

AirCreation

Guest Shalomar

The Trike is my preffered aircraft when it comes to demoing FSX to my friends. Great view, simplistic instruments and low sightseeing speed without making them control a chopper.But alas, a minute of inattention results in an overspeed breakup in level flight. Anything more than 3/4 throttle and you may flirt with redline. Do trikes really have enough power to overspeed in level flight? Seems like a big design flaw in a bird for relatively inexperienced pilots.Recently I bit the bullet and deactivated "Aircraft Stress causes damage" whenever a newbie is at the controls of the Trike.Yes, I know it is just a default aircraft etc etc...But it would be nice if it could be made more friendly for my friends.Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest Shalomar

Thanx, it was interesting. It apears this bird may not be broken:Many of the uncertified minimum ultralights, and perhaps some of the certificated aircraft, have low torsional wing rigidity which will not only make the ailerons increasingly ineffective with speed [and prone to flutter] but will also place very low limits on Vne and allowable wing loadings. Vne may be so low that it can be readily achieved in a shallow descent at normal cruise power. The problem is that in some aircraft Vne may not be known and could be unexpectedly low! So if you can get in trouble in a shallow descent at cruise I guess you could overstress in level flight at more than 75 percent throttle. Very enlightening. So I will quit complaining, but I will still disable "aircraft stress" when my friends are flying this bird.Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.