Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kiwimail

Black Squares

Whenever a light source like runway or landing lights on an aircraft comes into view, I see a black square for about a second with a pause before the texture loads. This happens everytime the lights comes into view like when panning around. Any ideas what might be doing this?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I get the same thing. What graphics card are you running? I assumed it was a hardware/driver issue...Cheers,Noel.

Hi Noel8800GTX with the latest WHQL driver (175.16). It's more annoying for me because of that "pause" in midflight before the lights load.

Yep, I'm running 175.16 too with an 8800GT. Perhaps this driver is a little worse than previous releases with respect to the delay in loading light textures, hence the black squares.If you Google 'black squares in FSX' you'll find a lot have people have the same issue. But there's no fix. MS and nVidia tend to blame each other for these sorts of issues. Neither of these organizations appears to be willing to actually fix any of the remaining bugs in FSX. Cheers,Noel.