Sign in to follow this  
beatle

FSX Acceleration, and the beautiful F-14D REV 3 Package...

Guest richythefoxdemon

woot. i got Acceleration yesterday, and boy was it worth it. everything is so much better-- the missions, the new planes, et cetera. anyways, before i got Acceleration, i did carrier landings with the F-14, landing at around 80 knots, with full parking brakes. there's been some times where i failed the landing and had to go over-- or went overboard halfway *cough cough* >> ANYWAYS... i flew the F-14 with the AiCarrier package, and tried to land on the carrier. tail hook down, full flaps, whatever, i landed and the tailhook didn't catch, i did that about a billion times before i finally gave up. now when i switched to the default F-18, took off, using the actual key commands, rather than parking brake, shift p, full throttle, shift p, parking brakes, pull up method i've been using with the F-14. okay so i take off, go around, and land, this time the hook did catch! yay! i landed! switch back to the F-14, taxi to the catapult... try to use the key commands. what the..? the hookie thing didn't go down, nor did that shipspoiler thing go up. i ended up being foolish and fell into the water o_o;; so i'm thinkin' what if i modify the .cfg file of the f-14 so it'll have an "invisible" launch bar, hm? i dunno if this is something that integrates itself in the model but i sure as **** want to fly my F-14 like how it's supposed to. oh, and also, the default F-18 = ton of bugs. first carrier landing, it flipped on the deck. literally. also it's WAY too sensitive, even with the actual controls being nearly 6%~10% on settings. anyways, if anyone knows anything about the F-18 takeoff assist to move to "Aquila 1" that would be greatly appreciated. thanks, and i dunno if you guys can see the landing i did with the F-14 where she goes over the edge. i'll try to get it on my dA or somewhere.

I don't know that much about the assisted launch capabilities, but I know they can be defined in one of two ways. Either as named attach points in the model itself, or as entries in the aircraft.cfg/sim.cfg file (entries in this file will override any in-model definitions). Here's a couple pointers to the online docs for the aircraft.cfg/sim.cfg file section related to this (I just love having these docs on-line now :-> ):Launch Assist: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc...aunchAssistanceTailhook: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc...9.aspx#TailHook