Sign in to follow this  
Guest harleyman52

Quick Question....SP1 then SP2 then Accell? Or SP1 then Accell?

Guest lcseds

Building a new PC this week after having used Macs for a couple years. I know, that's opposite of what you hear these days. Anyway, C2D E8400 3.0 GHz, 4 Gb Ram, eVga Nvidia 8800 overclocked is the config. Hope I can run FSX at half sliders.Anyway, got FSX and Acceleration pack coming from ebay. Does the install sequence matter? Should I do FSX and then SP1 and SP2 then Aceel pack? I searched and saw that the accell pack has SP2, but didn't know if anything has been updated since that was released. Other wise I'll do SP1 then Accel pack and call it a day. I've been out of the FS community for some time, bear with me. :-)

HiInstall FSX then just install the Acceleration pack as it will automatically install SP1 and SP2 in the correct sequence. NOTE: If you have acceleration you do NOT need to install SP1 or SP2 separately.I always defrag after installation ie before I install any other 3rd party add-ons/software.RegardsPeter Hayes

Guest harleyman52

First off DefraggInstall FSX...register..Load a flight ...let it build scenery....CloseDefragInstall Acceleration.....Register...Load a flight...Build scenery....CloseDefrag 1 more time.......Go FlyIf you want the SDK's thats a different install deal too..Let us know...Some will install SP1 download first before Acceleration,as it seems a few programs work better that way.So they report..I don't know...Acceleration will just skip installing SP1 off the disk if you install the Downloaded version first

I had already installed SP1 & SP2 before purchasing the Acceleration Pack. When I tried to install it, the install program informed me that I had to un-install SP2 first. After that the install went fine.

Guest harleyman52

YUP...It will do that too.........