Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lliaudais

Feelthere Citation X, VC Viewpoint Help

Can someone post their eyepoint settings for the Feelthere Citation X. The viewpoint is too far to the right, should be in line with the seat and yoke.Thanks,Alex

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Alex, I don't have the Citation but I've moved "misaligned viewpoints" on other aircraft; the process should be the same.The eyepoint is defined, as you probably know, in the "views" section of each aircraft config file.{Views}eyepoint= -3.95, -0.85, 1.9 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datumIt is the second value (-0.85) that you would adjust; -0.95 would be 1/10' MORE left.Now, you can tweak this number a little at a time in the cfg file, save, re-load aircraft, and view the results. Or a second method to "NAIL" it the first time:Create a flight using that aircraft; not a saved flight.Go to VC and adjust the view to your exact liking.Save the flight.Open the saved flight and scroll down to the sections that document your view settings.find the {Window.1} section and at the bottom of it see the guid of the VC: CurrentCamera={C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078} <- the default VC cameraBelow that are the detail sections for each camera; find the one that matches the guid - should be the one ending in F078 unless your AC is using a custom VC camera.In that section there is a line:...Translation=x, y, zthat documents how YOU changed your viewpoint.ADD the value(s) from "Translation" section here to the initial viewpoint in the config and it SHOULD give you the desired starting point.One thing to note - after this change any previously saved flights will have VC positions altered by just the same amount that you modify the starting point in the aircraft config file.Whether this is a problem or not is up to you; I think I'd rather start flights in the correct location from here on out. Also, if the VC now has the preferred location, the view reset will bring it back to that location.Hope this is what you are looking for.Loyd