Sign in to follow this  
Guest B-HQB

Spooling AI sounds

Guest B-HQB

Does anyone know what affects AI sound/aircraft behaviour? I'm asking this because I love watching AI takeoff and land at busy airports, and I've put custom soundsets in my soundai folders for AI. The thing that bothers me is that the aircraft all go to maximum throttle immediately for takeoff, and never spool up. The sudden jump to full throttle sounds horrible, especially on the heavies. I've followed AI aircraft inflight and I've noticed that inflight AI aircraft do spool up gradually when more power is needed. I suppose if AI behaviour could be changed, ie. if it first accelerates to 10KIAS, then full throttle, then it would achieve the spool up effect?The sudden appearance/disappearance of AI sound when the aircraft moves closer or farther is also quite annoying, however I guess that could be fixed by an adjustment of values in a file of some sort?These aren't huge issues, but I love flying as much as I do AI spotting and it's a joy to watch and hear an A330 just fly-by on takeoff roll, it's just the spool that's missing.Thanks in advance.

It would be nice to hear a good spool, wouldn't it! I just examined this in the sim, using Traffic Map that comes with the SDK. Traffic Map displays the throttle setting of the AI aircraft, as a percentage.When the AI aircraft went from "takeoff 1" to "takeoff 2", the AI plane went from Throttle 1% to throttle 100% very quickly.I know of no way to change this. This may be one of those things that is hard-coded in the sim. RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest B-HQB

Thanks for the response Rhett. Does anyone else have any information on this?