Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJJackson

PMDG 747-400 Type Rating Course for FSX

HiI'm new to this so PLEASE don't get mad at me. I HAVE searched the forum for an answer to my question but haven't found one.I have bought the PDMG 747-400 for FSX. I have downloaded the "Type rating courses" 1-4. They seem to be written for FS9 but they should be fine for FSX.... or...?In the first lesson they tell me to unzip the lessons to my main FSX directory. Done. In the FSX root directory I can see the subdirectorys "Flights" and "PMDG"A check in the FSX/Flights directory shows 3 subdirectorys (kiosk, other and PMDG). The PMDG directory has a number of "lesson files" with the extension .WX and .FLT (in the other 2 directorys I can also find files with the same file extention + .BMP).The FSX/PMDG directory has the following subdirectorys:747400dllsNavDatasidstarsThe 747400 directory has the following subdirectorys:Operating Manual (there I find the manuals)PanelState (here I can see a lot of .sav and .rte files. I can see the "lesson files" but also "PMDG 747-400FX Cold & Dark - KPAE.FLT.sav" and"PMDG 747-400X Cold & Dark - KPAE.FLT.sav" I guess they were installed with the main installation of PMDG 747-400.When I go to the "Free flight" in my FSX and choose "Load" I can ONLY see the above mentioned "Cold & Dark" files in the list (+ a few others, installed with other software), but NOT one single of the lesson files!!! Can anyone tell me how I get the lessons to show up in the list so I can load them into my FSX?Jack J Jacksona Swede in Spain

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You'll get better guidance if you post in the PMDG forums. Their official forums are on this website and they are very busy. Just look a little lower down the list of forums and you'll see it.I can give you some advice that will help you get started. Most people find the FMC intimidating at first and it's hard to grasp by reading the available info. I find videos to be much easier. Check out this guys series on programming the FMC. Even though they are made for the PMDG 737, easy to follow with your 747. About 9 different videos in the series.

Lots of other good videos on youtube for the PMDG series.