Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radikaltekno

What a rush!!!!

I'm on such a high right now....I have been simming for almost 2 years now, like it enough that i bought the Saitek yoke, throttle quandrant and rudder pedals, have a projector with 84 inch screen at home with a 19" for instruments....While I have lots of fun flying in FSX, I finally got the opportunity at work to fly one of our FFS (Yes I also work in a place that manufactures civil and military full flight simulators) I got to fly a 777-200LR yesterday for 30 minutes. The motion might not have been on but at least I was sitting in an exact replica cockpit, had a domed screen, and all the eye candy....I didn't use any instruments, took off and landed in KMEM, did an ok landing, but I attribute this to having all controls in 3d instead of haveing everything at hand and mouse on my comp....If I had 8 million dollars, i'd get me one of these....The graphics compare nicely to FSX except their graphics engine is much more developped, like snow blowing on the runways, etc....I hope to have this opportunity again and hopefully get to have motion that time.....Flight Sims are amazing!!!!!Just had to write it......

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!