Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

r_stopnicki

My own dll.xml problem

Hello:I have recently installed FSX on my new PC (running Windows XP Pro).I have also installed a few add-ons and the last one I installed, the PMDG MD-11, initially created significant problems with the graphics (purple grass, pink concrete, wings on roofs of aircraft, etc. etc.).After a couple of re-boots this problem appears to have "fixed itself", I really do not know how. However, there still are stutters and disconnects of hardware (GoFlight modules) that only appeared after the installation of the PMDG MD-11.I checked through many forums on this matter and also checked for errors in the dll.xml file and I need advice on two issues, for which I would be grateful.1) IVap add-onI found a line in the Ivap add on entries, which reads:which did not look right. I checked on the IVAO forums and found details in other members' posts, which shows this line as: Should I correct it?2) Order of Add-ons within the dll.xml fileI understand from many comments, that the order in which the add-ons are installed and/or listed in the dll.xml file is important for its proper operation.The order in which my add-ons are currently listed is the following:Several FSX SDK addons which are disabled automatically (i.e. true Squawkbox (Three addons for: Transponder, AI Control and Internal Version) Level-D Simulations IvApFSUIPC4PMDG (Three addons for: Options, Events and Sounds)Is there a particular order in which these addons should be listed in the dll.xml file?Thank you for any adviceRobertoPS: I also attach the details of the current file for those who want to review it. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>- Launchdll.xmlFalseFalse- Object Placement ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dll- Traffic ToolboxTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dll- Visual Effects ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dll- SquawkBox TransponderFalseFalseC:Program FilesSquawkBoxsbtrans10.dll- SquawkBox AI ControlFalseFalseC:Program FilesSquawkBoxsbaicontrol10.dll- SquawkBox Internal VersionFalseFalseC:Program FilesSquawkBoxsbmod10.dll- Level-D SimulationsFalseFalseModulesLVLD.dll- IvApFalseD:Program FilesIVAOIvAp v2ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll <<<<<---- IS THIS CORRECT??? - FSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dll- PMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dll- PMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dll- PMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dll

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I found a line in the Ivap add on entries, which reads:>>>>which did not look right. I checked on the IVAO forums and>found details in other members' posts, which shows this line>as:>> >>Should I correct it?>Hi,the two lines are equivalent. The second form is the standard form of an empty xml element:- the tag opens the commandline element- the tag closes the commandline elementIf the element were not empty, its content would have to appear between these two tags, e.g.- C:foo -barHowever, if the element has no content between its two corresponding tags, it can be abbreviated by "tag blank slash", e.g.-

Thank you for the quick response!Now to see if anybody else can tell me the order of the many add-ons I appear to have :-) :-)Thanks!!