Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DMullert

FSX no longer launching applications during startup! HELP!

Hello Gang!I am currently running FSX on Windows Vista 64. I have been succesfully running FSX on my righ for close to a year and a half now without any problems whatsoever. I am running my FSX with GoFlight modules that get automatically started/invoked every time I launch FSX. A couple of days ago, that launching process started to "not happen anymore". Now, if I launch FSX, the simulator starts but my GoFlight console does not get launched and neither does my Saitek switch panel. If I launch these applications manually after FSX starts they work without a hitch, but the automatic launching process no longer works. I am including the contents of my FSX "EXE.xml" file in case one of you "good souls" would like to look and see if you can detect anything suspicious - here it is:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>LaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueLaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueGoFlight Hardware InterfaceFalseC:Program Files (x86)GoFlightGFDevFSX.exeSaitek Pro Flight Switch PanelFalseC:Program Files (x86)SaitekPro Flight Switch PanelSaiSwitchPanel.exe-runAny help is greatly appreciated.Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dennis,The structure of your xml file seems messed up. The default structure of the exe.xml file is:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>LaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueFalseFalseAddon ApplicationC:MyPathAddon.exeTrueTry to this:1. Make a backup of copy of your exe.xml in another folder.2. Replace the contents of your exe.xml file with these rows:--------------------<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>LaunchEXE.xmlFalseTrueGoFlight Hardware InterfaceFalseC:Program Files (x86)GoFlightGFDevFSX.exeSaitek Pro Flight Switch PanelFalseC:Program Files (x86)SaitekPro Flight Switch PanelSaiSwitchPanel.exe-run--------------------Hope this helps.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Hey Ulf!Your fix worked perfectly!WOW! I am very grateful for your help! Thanks a lot!My FSX is back in business!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert