Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Help with repaint files

Hi all. This is a simple question I hope: In my "Aircraft" fold I have three folders with an A320-200 in them. Each folder also contains two or three paint schemes. I would like to amalgamate them all into one folder. How do I do this? Thanks in advance.Per Ardua Ad Astra

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The method to use depends on several factors. The main factor being what *.mdl are each using. If they are all the same *.mdl, then you can move the texture folders (after renaming them, i.e., texture.1, texture.us, texture.9) to one of the A320-200 aircraft. If they are not the same *.mdl, then you need to do a little more to combine them. In this case, you need to add the model folder(s) (rename them also, i.e., model.1, model.us, model.9) to one of the A320-200 aircraft plus move the texture folders as above. You then add appropriate fltsim.xx sections to one of the A320-200 aircraft.cfg files. See the example below were I use different models and textures:(fltsim.0)//square brackets here vice ()title=Boeing 737-400sim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=N700MSatc_airline=American Pacificatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=American Pacific Airwaysvisual_damage=1description=One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that ways in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service.(fltsim.1)title=Boeing 737-400 Paint1sim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=1kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=N700MSatc_airline=Landmarkatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=Landmark Airlinesvisual_damage=1description=One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that ways in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service.(fltsim.2)title=Boeing 737-400 Paint2sim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=2kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=N700MSatc_airline=Orbitatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=Orbit Airlinesvisual_damage=1description=One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that ways in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service.(fltsim.3)title=Boeing 737-400 US Airsim=Boeing737-400model=uspanel=sound=texture=US0kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=N514AUatc_airline=US Airatc_flight_number=1625ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=US Airwaysvisual_damage=1description=Us Airways 737-400 modified for FS2002. Includes new panel, sound, and tail number from a real Us Airways 737-400. Aircraft is assigned flight number 1625 which flies from Charlotte, NC to Jacksonville, FL and is recognized by the air traffic controller. Original aircraft by microsoft, repainted by Efrain Hernandez Jr.You can do the same thing with panels and sounds by adding new folders with different extensions, i.e., panel.1, sound.bo2 and then pointing the flight simulator to the correct folder, e.x., sound=bo2 in the aircraft.cfg flightsim.xx section.One other thing is to make sure each flightsim.xx section title= is different for each aircraft added.