Sign in to follow this  

Getting Started With Aircraft Design, Help Please

Hi I have Flight Simulator 2000 Standard Edition, I would like to start modelling aircraft for it. I recently downloaded Gmax, but I also have Truespace 4, Amapi 3d, as my main model programs. How do I use Gmax with Flight Simulator 2000 is there a gamepack for it ? I seen one for 2002. I plan on buying 2002 proffesional in another month or so. But for now just use 2000. Any advice would be really appreciated.

FS98/FS2000 use a *.dll style of *.mdl. The FS2002 gamepack does not compile to this format. While FS2002 can read the older style *.mdl, FS98/FS2000 cannot read the new style.

For FS2000, about the only programs you can use are FSDS Pro or AD2000. So, no, there is no gamepack for gmax to FS2000.Assuming you can make models and animate them in Truespace4, Amapi3D, and you can export them to .x format, you won't even need gmax for FS2002. As long as you follow the naming conventions as indicated in the corresponding makemdl SDK, and aircraft container SDKs, you can use makemdl.exe directly on the .x files generated.