Sign in to follow this  

Master Warning Concorde gauge light - and sound...?

Guest AndrewW

Not sure if this can be implemented or not, as I know XML gauges cannot play sound files. Most 'master warning' gauges I know of illuminate and have a warning sound when they go off. The FS2000 Concorde gauge contains a MW gauge that only illuminates :-( Is there anyway to have a warning sound to accompany this?Thanks for any helpAndrewhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18998a70df53b6.jpg

Andrew, Bill Morad released ( few days ago here ) a special gauge that would enable 4 sounds to be triggered by a XML gauge. Unfortuantley it used Afterburner 1 -4 variables to trigger the sound.. Not good with the Concorde. For now a C++ type gauge would have to be used unless there's another XML-> C sound gauge to be released.Regards,RomanProject 737-400

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

>Andrew, >> Bill Morad released ( few days ago here ) a special gauge >that would enable 4 sounds to be triggered by a XML gauge. >Unfortuantley it used Afterburner 1 -4 variables to trigger >the sound.. Not good with the Concorde. For now a C++ type >gauge would have to be used unless there's another XML-> C >sound gauge to be released. Roman, has anyone managed to get that working? I've tried until I'm tired... :) Nothing I've done will trigger the sound. The 'docs' aren't too clear, but I'm thinking that the 'gauge' has to be placed in the same 'mouse area' as the 'switch,' although he says that you can put it "anywhere..."BTW, has anyone discovered a way to toggle COM1, COM2, BOTH and MARKER in XML? I've got everything working on a new Bendix/King KMA 28 Intercom/Speaker unit except those...If there's no way, I suppose I'll have to try EasyGauge to create the toggles. I can't believe that MS would provide a parameter to *read* the state of the switch, and then forget to provide the K-Event! :)

Bill, Yes I have it working, works quite well actually. Sounds ->> FS2002/sound folder Gauge -->> Panel, not on top of anything else "and" not in a transparent area. FSSound.dll --> to FS2002/modules tha should do it..To test you could make a simple switch with a :(>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1)>>BTW, has anyone discovered a way to toggle COM1, COM2, BOTH and >>MARKER in XML? I've got everything working on a new Bendix/King >>KMA 28 Intercom/Speaker unit except those...Have you tried ? --(>K:COM1_TRANSMIT_SELECT)(>K:COM2_TRANSMIT_SELECT)(>K:COM_RECIEVE_ALL_TOGGLE)(>K:COM_RECIEVE_ALL_SET)(>K:MARKER_SOUND_TOGGLE)(>K:MARKER_SOUND_SET)I haven't got to this point in the project but I hope these work. otherwise,, up a creek.. no paddle. Regards,RomanProject 737-400Note, the way it looks here on the forum is different since HTML has processed it. On paper the " < " would be " & l t ; " , the " > " would be " & g t ; " and the " & " would be " & a m p ; ". All without the quotes and remove spaces between characters.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

> Yes I have it working, works quite well actually. Sounds >->> FS2002/sound folder Gauge -->> Panel, not on top of >anything else "and" not in a transparent area. FSSound.dll >--> to FS2002/modules tha should do it.. Did that. Still doesn't work>>To test you could make a simple switch with a : >>(>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1)I used this one, still doesn't work...Click Kind="LeftSingle">(>K:RADIO_ADF_IDENT_TOGGLE) (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1) >Have you tried ? -- >>(>K:COM1_TRANSMIT_SELECT) >(>K:COM2_TRANSMIT_SELECT) >(>K:COM_RECIEVE_ALL_TOGGLE) >(>K:COM_RECIEVE_ALL_SET) >(>K:MARKER_SOUND_TOGGLE) >(>K:MARKER_SOUND_SET) Nope, none of these will work either. They've apparently left quite a few 'essential' K-Event tags out of this version.And yes, I've noticed the incorrect spelling of "recEIve" :)Ah well, I guess I'll have to see what else can be done.

I had some problems getting it to work myself, not because the xml code was wrong, but simply because I didn't have CfgEdit (after a HD-Crash) and could assign the gauge correctly. The syntax in panel.cfg that works for me was:gauge58=XMLSound!XML-Sound,230,290The documentation forgot to inform about that part, and I had to reinstall my very old CfgEdit to get it correct. So now I have my audiable chimes from my xml altitude alerter - yiihhaa :DI didn't have success with transmit select either, but I found this:http://www.flightsimmers.net/airfield/fma/Has a couple of bugs, but well worth a try. I'm using this one is my panel.

>gauge58=XMLSound!XML-Sound,230,290 Thanks! I'll give it a whirl quickly before hitting the bed... :)>I didn't have success with transmit select either, but I >found this: >http://www.flightsimmers.net/airfield/fma/ >Has a couple of bugs, but well worth a try. I'm using this >one is my panel. Well, mine is completely functional in XML, with the exception of the COM1, COM2, BOTH and MKR selectors. The states are read correctly and the little green LEDs light up...Since this gentleman was thoughtful enough to include the source, I can simply program a couple of 'invisible switch' gauges to overlay mine. It's a kludge, but until I figure it out better. :)I suspect that since the COM1 and COM2 gauges are interlocked, assuming that the K-Events actually are implemented, that it will require an if... else... format.