Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

Gauge Sound

Hello,well I just started to try around with sounds... Chose dooSound, coz it sounds better without an additional DLL... But here's my prob: dooSound is initialized and killed like described in sd2gau13.zip, PlayDS function for testing in th gauge callback (gauge is invisible). Now I'm getting the following errors:Warning W8065 sound.c 38: Call to function 'InitDS' with no prototype in function gauge_cbWarning W8065 sound.c 54: Call to function 'CloseDS' with no prototype in function gauge_cband finally, hardly visible...Error: 'E:BORLANDBCC55BINDOOFSSOUND.LIB' contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF)Duh! :-hmmm Any help is greatly appreciated.Cheers! :-wavehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fs2k2/avsim/sig.jpg... under short final 25L EDDFWhich is not fitted cannot cause trouble...

Guest bartels

I haven't used dooSound so I'm not too sure. First make sure that you have included: #include "dooFSSound.h"to get rid of the warnings. Secondly the .lib file is made for MS VC++ which uses the COFF format, whereas BCC needs OMF format. There is a convert utility called COFF2OMF in the BCC distribution, but I can't say if this works for this .lib.If I recall that correct I used rfgutil (also from Doo which is a bit more advanced), and this worked only properly with VC6 not so good with VC5. I never tested with BCC or GCC. So even the right format (here COFF) doesn't guarantee that the .lib really works.Arne Bartels

Thanks for the answer,is there any other way except dooSound and FSSound? I remember somewhere having seen a function like MSSoundPlay or something like that...

Guest bartels

I haven't tried, but the FSSound files in sd2kgauxx.zip also include .lib and header files for BCC and GCC. I don't know if that helps.Arne Bartels