Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

Off-panel HSI problem

I've been tweaking a panel and have run into a problem. The panel .bmp requires the attitude indicator to be placed slightly off the panel -- about 20% of the gauge hangs below the panel. Unfortunately, in FS2002, this makes the gauge read incorrectly. I've experimented a little, and it seems the more the gauge is off the panel, the worse the error. Is there a way around this, aside from creating a whole new panel?

Errr... The gauge really shows a wrong value??? :-hmmm Really never heard of a problem like this!

Guest bartels

That depends, if you have a gauge that uses a MAKE_NEEDLE, this will not go beyond the panel bitmap. You can get very spectacular effects with deformed bitmaps so that the needle bitmap is still on the panel bitmap even if most of the rest of the gauge is not. If you have made the gauge by yourself, try to avoid MAKE_NEEDLEs, if not try another gauge.Arne Bartels

I don't know anthing about gauge programming, so I don't know if they use MAKE_NEEDLE or not. This has happened with every attitude indicator I've tried.As for the wrong value, the guages seem to be displaying as a percentage of the visible portion of the gauge. For example,in level flight, the ball would be right in the middle -- 50%. If I move the guage halfway below the panel, the ball shows about 75% -- or about 50% of the visible guage.

Guest bartels

I tried several different types of gauges, you can't place a gauge so that it isn't fully on the backgraound bitmap without getting distortions. What might be possible is to create a panel bitmap slightly bigger where the invisible part is RGB(0,0,0) which is treated as transparent. I don't know how to align the panel background properly in this case, though.Arne Bartels

I solved it. I think I did what you said. I created a new .bmp 1024x800, and copied the original panel .bmp onto it, aligned with the top edge so there was a little space at the bottom. Then I adjusted the panel.cfg accordingly:size_mm=1024,800window_size= 1.000, 1.035

Another posssible way is to make the HSI in .XML format and use the tags.... It does what it says,, it'll clip everything off outside those dimensions...EDIT ---- HMMM that will not either, sorry ... But making a .xml type gauge just the way you want it to look as a full gauge with the bottom missing would work. Regards,RomanProject 737-400

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap