Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

FS2002 727 over the wing view,Gmax

Anyone know how to create an over the wing view (passenger view) in FS2002? I am trying to create a view as a passenger would observe in a 727 in flight and on approach to and landing and throughout the taxi to the gate. I plan to use this view for "Instant Replay" and throughout the flight. I have found some solutions on the web and Avsim Files for placing a bitmap in a "View" such that terrain is observed as in a normal "Select View Direction". This is not what I am looking for. I would like to see ailerons moving, flaps extending, etc. Gmax does all this stuff in the default prop aircraft that comes with FS2002, you should be able to see it all from inside a third party aircraft. I have tried editing aircraft.cfg, panel.cfg and have found these don't work (at least for me) using such commands such as view_X_X, view_X_eye, eyepoint x,x,x. There is only one file I have found that is close to what I am looking for, that is 727ua70s.zip in Avsim File Library. I am beginning to think it has something to do with the X.mdl file as to when I alias the 727ua70s.mdl file to my b727_200(Condor)folder I am able to observe the views somewhat coarsley, things not in the correct spot, flap gap too wide etc. Seems to me this should not be too hard to do, but it is not obvious how to add this to a third party aircraft. I will be thankful for any help or tips offered (read "why the heck doesn't THIS work"). I'll be watching for replys. Thanks. Luke48

Guest cwright

If you're designing your own Gmax aircraft then the solution is pretty easy - you do this in the virtual cockpit. I have passenger views in my Gmax Constellation. I simply copied the wings, engines etc over to the interior group and deleted polygons not visible from the passenger cabin (the virtual cockpit extends back into the passenger cabin). I can then move back from the cockpit into the passenger cabin and take a seat next to a window. I can see the wings, engines, spinning props, startup smoke, navigation lights etc, in fact anything that's modelled and that would be visible to a passenger. Best regards, Chris