Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

a few xml questions

Guest Eugen

Hi,I wonder when to use container tag and what implications that have on the gauge..Secondly I wonder a bit about the speedbug see my code. How does the scale work ? What does the min and maximum values mean, is it knots?My bug seems to freeze somewhere in the higer and lower parts of the speedmeter How do I change that to fit?BrgsEugen(A:Airspeed select indicated or true, knots)(A:Airspeed select indicated or true, knots) (A:Autopilot airspeed hold var, knots) -

Guest bartels

The Minimum and Maximum values are limits apllied to the values calculated in the following area.E.g. <Value Minimum="0" Maximum="650">(A:Airspeed select indicated or true, knots)</Value>first (A:Airspeed select indicated or true, knots) is calculated, then it is limited to minimum=0 and maximum=650, in this case it is indeed knots.I'm not too sure about the Scale, but I assume it is a scale between the result of the <Value> line and the intendet movement of the bitmap in pixel, so in this example the bitmap is shifted 1.002 pixel per knot.Arne Bartels

Guest Eugen

Arne,The code snipet is taken originally from the Boeing 747 Primary Flight Display and the value of minimu is -53 that is a bit odd ? Does it mean in that -53*1.002 is the lower limit of the movement calculated from the position?(A:Airspeed select indicated or true, knots)(A:Autopilot airspeed hold var, knots) -BrgdsEugen

Guest bartels

The values aren't too odd, since it displays the difference between selected and actual airspeed (more precisely to make the airspeed bug move aligned with the speed card within the limits). The movement from the neutral position up or down are limited, a higher limit for up movement (-53 is moving up!) and a smaller limit for moving down (44).So the possible movement is 53*1.002 pixel up and 44*1.002 pixel down from x=43 y=100. The rather odd factor of 1.002 is for the alignement with the speed card.Arne Bartels