Sign in to follow this  

Programming Language

Hi ah to allI hope I'm not repeating previous postsA simple question, I wish a simple answer ha ha ha !!!!I want to try to get into gauge programming and would like advise on what software package to purchaseAny help would be appreciatedKind RegardsDave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That depends, XML gauges (.cab'ed gauges)don't need any compiling programs at all, a simple editor like Notepad is sufficient.C gauges (.gau gauges) need a C-Compiler, free versions are BCC (Borland C Compiler) and GCC (mingw32 Gnu C Compiler). Microsofts Visual C++ (or Visual Studio) and Borlands C++ Builder are not free, but more comfortable. Visual C++ is the only compiler which allow all steps of gauge producing in the program itself, the other need at least a bit "command line work". For general information download the official SDK from Microdoft and the "inofficial" SDK sd2gau13.zip by Dai Griffiths from flightsim.com, it contains also tips for compiling with other compilers.Arne Bartels

Der C++Builder erlaubt die komfortable Editierung des Gauge-Codes und hat nat

Hi allThanks for the repliesAs I suspected, not a straight forward answerI have downloaded Dai's stuff before and still been confused!I have tried free downloads i.e Borland and had problems compiling, aware of files needing rewriting for some of these compilers.Guess I hoped Visual Studio.net would compile may it will, so confused.Has anybody used the Bluesky.net Gauge programme.I saw a post about creating a Website dedicated to Gauge design. A brilliant idea, I'm sure a lot of people would wish to design their own gaugesThanks all for the helpRegards Dave