Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewW

Can't get my head around this....!?

Guest AndrewW

I have the following code. As it stands, the light (uses the L:var) will turn off when the aircraft is in the climb, and within 250ft of the AP Alt level. I have two codes; one for in climb, the other for in descent. How can I get them to work together? I believe I need an 'or' statement (||) somewhere. I have tried many variables of code with no luck :-(Climb Code:(L:ALT_ACQ, bool) 1 == (A:Indicated altitude, feet) (A:Autopilot altitude lock var, feet) 250 - > & if{ 0 (>L:ALT_ACQ, bool) }Descent Code:(L:ALT_ACQ, bool) 1 == (A:Indicated altitude, feet) (A:Autopilot altitude lock var, feet) 250 + < & if{ 0 (>L:ALT_ACQ, bool) }(Edit)Is there a 'Pitch Hold' function in FS, or is it possible to implement one? I have looked through the K:events list, and found nothing that I think I could use...Thanks for any suggestions!Andrewhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dcea7ac62881935.jpg

Sorry, don't have the time to look deep into your code at the moment, but it looks like it could be used as some sort of altitude alerter.Here is a visible tag I use to alert me 1000 and 300 feet above or below selected altitude.:(A:Autopilot altitude lock var, feet) (A:Indicated altitude, feet) - abs d 300 >= r 1000 <= &&I'm not sure if there exist a pitch hold. Althought cumbersome to make, I'm sure it should be possible to implement it by calculating a climb/descent rate vs speed vs weight, overriding the alt_hold and vert_speed displays etc etc. Most possibly not even worth the trouble.

Guest AndrewW

Hi Karl, Thanks for your help - the alt alert code is very helpful, I believe I can use the same structure to implement the system I wish to design. Also thanks for the suggestions on pitch hold - will keep those for a rainy day ;-) Although maybe, with the weather we've been getting in the UK for the last few weeks, a sunny one! :-rollRegards,Andrewhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dcea7ac62881935.jpg