Sign in to follow this  
crvm

XML GAUGE HELP

I am trying to make a xml gauge that will open my landing panel while closing two others. I can get the two to close but I don't know how to point to the landing panel which is on my {Fixed Window 36}in my cfg. Here is the the gauge entry: (>K:PANEL_1) (>K:PANEL_2) (>K:PANEL_?)<************What do I need here?? (>K:ZOOM_1X) My CFG windows titles are here:[Window Titles]window00=Boeing 767 Upper Panelwindow01=Boeing 767 Main Panelwindow02=Boeing 767 Standby Instrumentswindow03=Boeing 767 Overheadwindow04=Boeing 767 Pedestalwindow05=Boeing 767 FMCwindow06=Boeing 767 Side auxillary PanelFixed Window30=L2_windowFixed Window31=R3_windowFixed Window32=R2_windowFixed Window33=R1_windowFixed Window34=L3_windowFixed Window35=L1_window//Fixed Window36=landing_view <*****************HERE I know that panels 1 and 2 point to themselfs but I can't put "13" or "36"in the xml for the landing view. So just how do I point to this landing view in my xml?Thanks a bunch,Randy Smith

>I am trying to make a xml gauge that will open my landing >panel while closing two others. I can get the two to close >but I don't know how to point to the landing panel which is >on my {Fixed Window 36}in my cfg. Here is the the gauge >entry: >> > > > > > > (>K:PANEL_1) > (>K:PANEL_2) > (>K:PANEL_?)<************What do I need here?? > (>K:ZOOM_1X) > > > >> My CFG windows titles are here: >>[Window Titles] >window00=Boeing 767 Upper Panel >window01=Boeing 767 Main Panel >window02=Boeing 767 Standby Instruments >window03=Boeing 767 Overhead >window04=Boeing 767 Pedestal >window05=Boeing 767 FMC >window06=Boeing 767 Side auxillary Panel >window07=landing_view :)

Yes Bill I have tried that but it seems to bring more problems than the one I have. See when I put it to a regular window view it will switch over correctly BUT it will not keep its forward zoom of .70 I have for all forward views. It keeps going to zoom 1.0 . And since it shares this view with the two others I have to make the view_forward_dir much lower to have the right perspective for my landing panel which in turn messes up the main view. Whats worse is the fact that the upper panel post which is active with the main has the forward outside view in its OWN window so when you remove the upper panel and leave the main panel you have this same 1.0 zoom . I will pull my hair out before long. So, its not possible to just point to the way I have it in my first post?Oh your plane looks awesome!Thanks again,Randy Smith

Guest bartels

I personally prefer the PANEL_ID_TOGGLE,PANEL_ID_OPEN,PANEL_ID_CLOSE because they aren't linited to the 9 PANEL_x events. You use them with the ident= value.e.g.<Click> 100 (>K:PANEL_ID_OPEN) 200 (>K:PANEL_ID_CLOSE) </Click>opens the panel with ident=100 and closes the panel with ident=200. It might be possible that this works together with the fixed vies, but I'm not sure.Arne Bartels

Thanks Arne! I will try it right now. Best Wishes, Randy Smith

>I personally prefer the >PANEL_ID_TOGGLE,PANEL_ID_OPEN,PANEL_ID_CLOSE because they >aren't linited to the 9 PANEL_x events. You use them with >the ident= value. >e.g. > 100 (>K:PANEL_ID_OPEN) 200 >(>K:PANEL_ID_CLOSE) >opens the panel with ident=100 and closes the panel with >ident=200. It might be possible that this works together >with the fixed vies, but I'm not sure. >Arne Bartels Yes, and you can also use that same technique with named panel_id as well, such as <Click> Landing_Panel (>PANEL_ID_OPEN)

Yep those BOTH work BUT even though I have my panel on a "fixed window" #36, once it closes the main and UPPER POST it referts back to that default outside view without keeping the {view settings} for my landing window. Now if I hit "shift 2" with the keyboard it pops up my window just fine with the correct defined settings. Also if I use the hat on my joystick "click down" it pops up just fine. So what am I missing here? Is there another way to display the fixed window view with a gauge that will do what Shift+2 does and will keep the defined view settings for my panel? Best Wishes, Randy Smith