Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

What is this inside Airfile?

1/4 Rudder( also Elevator and Aileron)Effectiveness Speed =****1/2 Rudder Effectiveness Speed =*****I can "kind of" guess what it is - but have noticed wildly differing figures in obviously similar aircraft. Mostly the 1/2 Effectiveness speed figure is much larger than an aircrafts max speed.Any ideas?Barry

Guest Ron Freimuth

>1/4 Rudder( also Elevator and Aileron)Effectiveness Speed >=**** >1/2 Rudder Effectiveness Speed =***** >I can "kind of" guess what it is - but have noticed wildly >differing figures in obviously similar aircraft. Mostly the >1/2 Effectiveness speed figure is much larger than an >aircrafts max speed. >Any ideas? >Barry Same as set and described in FS2K2 aircraft.cfg. I think the correct factors are 1/2 and 1/8. The recent versions of aired.ini (lined from one of these threads) agrees with the new MS info. They are for KeyBoard control and may not have significant effect on slower AC. Though, one might set the 1/2 effectivness speed to '100' kts for such AC.Ron

Thanks for that Ron -- never even thought to look under the "Keyboard" section of the Aircraft.cfg file. I am trying to solve a problem (as I see it) with the Junkers 52 -- it wants to roll out of a bank back to and beyond straight and level. You have to give it ever increasing amounts of aileron input to hold a constant bank angle. Just looking for ideas. BarryPs Do you happen to know where I can download the latest Aired ini file? -- I thought I had it but obviously not as my figures are for 1/4 and 1/2 speed effectiveness.

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Thanks for that Ron -- never even thought to look under the >"Keyboard" section of the Aircraft.cfg file. >Barry >>Ps Do you happen to know where I can download the latest >Aired ini file? -- I thought I had it but obviously not as >my figures are for 1/4 and 1/2 speed effectiveness. A very recent one is linked here in this Forum. Click on: http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...ffb35353983.txt Save it as "Aired.ini". Ron