Sign in to follow this  
RobertRent

How do I replace the Mooney Bravo's radios?

I often swap radios and gauges between aircraft. I have done this many times in the past by simply editing an aircraft's panel.cfg file and replacing the name of a radio or a gauge with that of another. I recently tried to replace the radios in the Mooney Bravo, though, and I was unable to do so.The situation is this:I purchased the DreamFleet C177 Cardinal (absolutely fantastic aircraft, by the way) and I liked its radios so much that I decided to swap them into the Mooney Bravo. So... I edited the Mooney Bravo's panel.cfg file and replaced the line: gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29with the line: gauge01=DF177EC!KING_KX175B_NAVCOM_1, 0, 29Not a good idea! - When I load the Mooney Bravo with the changed panel.cfg file, FS2002 halts with a message box stating: "Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a problem, and needs to close. ...send a report to Microsoft... etc."As a test, I tried to swap radios between two of DreamFleet aircraft - the Archer II and the C177 Cardinal, and that too caused FS2002 to crash. I asked about this in the DreamFleet forum but I have not as yet received an informative answer.Can any of you Avsim panel experts tell me what might be causing the FS2002 crash, and provide me with ideas as to how I might work around it?Thanks in advance for you thoughts,Robert Rent

Without the intention of talking bad about DF, I can only assume a gauge will crash because it is programmed to do so if certain criteria is not fulfilled, such as a variable set by another gauge, or a test with certain .air-file settings.Although I'm not an owner (of _any_ payware btw) of this particular aircraft, putting "protection" like this on gauges or .air-files for legimate users seems NOT the way to go. Even if it "protects" their work, it discurages others from even trying to get into design. "Stolen" work can be asked to be removed anyway.MOST designers are good people, asking for permission (as far as humanly possible), but there are always someone causing agony and frustration for the designers, and in the end causing yourself as a legimite user agony.But, unless something is atated in the documentation, I think DF should provide an accurate answer, not choose to ignore. Oh well, just the way it is I guess.Sorry, get a little "cranky", early in the morning :D (no pun intended to ANY party).

For using the radios from the Archer II you have to put the radio master switch from the Archer on the panel on which you want to use the radios. Same for the radios coming from the Cardinal but it is the engine key you have to put on your panel.Doing this, everything works perfectly.