Sign in to follow this  
JETninja

Looking to collaborate with Gmax Designers on Gulfstrea

Great pics. Check your email. I have the basic fuselage shape down, I started the day before thanksgiving and was away all that week. I'll see what time I have before Christmas break and I'll get some serious work done on this. The hardest part of designing an aircraft (for me) is the connection betweent the wing and the fuselage, so this is why I want to get it done first. After that, it should be *relatively* smooth sailing. We will need a texture designer and a panel designer too. I'm feeling a virtual cabin and cockpit for this baby( like Yannik's Falcon 50, are you guys? Well I can't wait to see this thing get going.Paul

Hi Max would you have(or could you get) exact size of each display(CRT) as I would like to get started on the panel,throttle,quadrantetc. I would also need to know who does the avionics Sperry,Honeywell etc).(I am anal about detail BTW) plus I know my way around Max and Maya as well. I would probably "do" the wings in Maya as NURBS then covert to a poly mesh,then Import the above into max,texture it and then export to Gmax. BTW if the above sounds like a lot of work it is!!(that's why I want to get going on this.)Oops forgot will need exact dimensions for the main panel(along with any good photos taken at 90 degrees I.E oblique angle and with a 50mm "lens" no wide angle shots) Gee am I asking too much?!! Dan

Honeywell SPZ-8500 Avionics in the V, 6 displays, i want to say that they are 8x8 tubes but dont hold me to that. Ill get the exact measurements for you. Here is a photo i pulled off of a.net as a general look-see, i have plenty of more detailed up close photos....http://www.airliners.net/open.file/254885/M/

I feel this one all the way Paul, sounds like a heck of an idea to me ;) i got ya covered on the materails there buddy.Max

Thanks!! I will start on the panel compound splines to-night and posta pic or two when done sir! Dan

BTW when you can get the Pics I need to do the detail work just email me or post 'em. And thanks again although it will be a lot of work it will be a gas to do!. Dan

Guest odog

Yeah,Max's pics up a few threads...Its a beautiful plane! Not many jets I would fly...that'd be one of 'em.

Bob, I would love those 3-views. I can't seem to find any good ones on the net. This project just keeps getting better and better.Paul

Awesome guys! I work at Long Beach (SoCal) Airport where we have a Gulfstream Center. I see those babies every day...beautiful! (a awesome Citation X here also...would love to see a model of that! Up close she looks like she's all engine, with a tiny fuse between the two! :D )Brian! Love the new C-140! Please don't forget the Homebuilts! (Velocity, Lancair, RV6) or one my favorite GA..your Commander 114TC. All great aircraft and fill a very neglected part of the FS world.Cheers!