Sign in to follow this  

not designing planes anymore

I am not going to design planes anymore because I don't have the skills nessacarry to build planes I have deleted FSDS2 but kept the email so I can download it anytime I want to but if I do download it agian that doesn't mean that I will design planes agian I have gave that up for good

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way . I know first hand how frustrating this designing thing can be. I have many times just wanted to throw it all out the door! I have all the tools also, 3d max 5, FS Panel Studio, Adobe 6 and a host of others but have the hardest time seeing good results although I am starting to learn bit by bit as I go. When you see some of the incredible aircraft and panels out there and compare them to what you are doing or have done it can be dissapointing also. There always seems to be walls at every turn along the building process. So I can feel your pain. I have learned that the best way to get good at anything you are working on is to look at whats already been made and study it, ask questions of those who have been there where you are in the process, maybe you will find someone who likes helping others. I don't think you always find it on this forum though there are some who are very helpful. Just some thoughts, Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith

> I have learned that the best way to get good at anything >you are working on is to look at whats already been made and >study it, ask questions of those who have been there where >you are in the process, maybe you will find someone who >likes helping others. I don't think you always find it on >this forum though there are some who are very helpful. Randy, I understand what you are saying... however...It seems to me as though many (most?) simply don't have the patience to learn something from the ground up.Just like you cannot jump into a Formula One racer with just a "Learner's Permit," no one can jump into a sophisticated modeling program and "make a plane."We had a person apply to join the new "Apprentice Program" at F.A.R.T.S, who then wanted to begin by... building one of the most complex planes imaginable!Excuse me? You first have to learn the basics before attempting a big project! I mean, if you cannot build a simple tool box, what makes you think you can design and build a complex, animated landing gear and tire?Year ago, when I was an adjunct professor of computer science at the University of Florida - Gainesville, my students were outraged that they had to spend the first 10 weeks of a 18 week term without even touching a computer, much less "programming something."It took several weeks for them to understand that if they couldn't solve a problem themselves with pencil and paper, there was no way in hell they were going to be able to tell the computer how to solve it! :)Additionally, it does take a certain amount of 'natural mechanical aptitude' to work with a modeling program.Also, with regards to getting help here (or anywhere for that matter!), a person has to (a) demonstrate that they've tried to do something (anything!) and (:( ask specific questions; such as, "I've built a basic wing shape. How is the best/easiest way to cut the flaps and ailerons, using GMax?"But, to simply ask "how do I design an airplane?" isn't going to garner many answers! ;)

I just don't know how to buid planes all I have to go by is the dementions I need more then that to build a good plane I have a friend who is going to give me an overview of building planes in FSDSV2 Bill I think that FSDS2 is alot harder then Gmax realy I do if not the hardest design tool out there so untill i get the skills I will no longer designing aircraft I have droped all FS2002 aircraft projects to concentrate on building REAL aircraft like the Rans S-10 sakota