Sign in to follow this  

Transparancy, ATC - Window

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I suppose you could create a XML gauge with a semi-transparent background using a bitmap and display text strings onto it. Then place it on a seperate 2D panel.FS may use the same engine or it may just create the window as part of its C application programming.Steve

Yup, got my attention ;)I thought about alpha-bitmaps, but since I'm not even able to change the turn coordinator alpha, I have moved on to other things.Last thing I read was that I needed to do hex-editing on the image file after it was saved (yikes). Too much of a hazzle.

The smoke system is already in use to show trails of water down a wet or snowy hard runway. I also only have one light circuit left, which could be used for effect triggering - but I'll stick to it as a backup.BUT. There is a lot of weird unknown (to me) settings on the corsair, have anyone examined this yet?As for transparency, I got an updated version of the virtual cockpit today, with colored glass effect (color+specular?). It looked of course absolutely stunning, but no runway lightning would ever be seen through it - so I guess it is a no-go.But we do have visible ice buildup on the wings - fully bootable. (Builtin FDE handles the actual ice buildup, no cheap "tricks" except the boot timer, and assigning ice to a model variable).