Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Classic panel problems...anyone any ideas ??

Guest EGT_

Hi there,I was wondering could someone help me with a few problems that i have with the Vanessa Leightower Boeing 747-100/200 panel.I am using it with the POSKY 747 model;1) The light controls on the lights window do not work. All the buttons move and click but they dont actually control any of the lights. Only the strobs and Landing lights work... how do i make these work ?2) The autobrake selector doesnt work. None of the positions work, RTO, autbrake 2/3 etc... again, how do i make the autobrake work ?3) (minor problem but i would love to get it fixed )..is there anyway to add a 3rd position for the landing gear lever. at the minute it only has the two, up and down but i would like to know how to add an "off" position in the centre as well, if possible.4)you know when you open a panel view i.e SHIFT + 4 for a throttle view but it actually opens behind the main bitmap view ?..how do you bring the windows from the panel "forward" so they are in front of the main view ?Anyway thats all for now any help would be greatfully appreciated!!! Thanks !! :D

Guest EdrickV

With respect to 4, as far as I know there is no solution. In my experience the problem only happens if you open a window in a view other then the 2D cockpit and then change to the 2D cockpit without closing that window first. (If you always make sure to close windows before changing to 2D cockpit view then you should avoid the problem.) Once it starts, that window will continue to pop up behind the main window unless you change planes. A workaround is to change to another view, open the window, change back, and keep the window open. Some windows won't look right that way though."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

>1) The light controls on the lights window do not work. All>the buttons move and click but they dont actually control any>of the lights. Only the strobs and Landing lights work... how>do i make these work ?That is not an easy question to answer, without knowing (a) how the gauges are coded in the panel you're using, and (:( how the light effects are modeled in the POSKY a/c you're using. The "short answer" is that they must be using the same key_event names. Are the external lights on the POSKY model built into the .mdl itself (per the SDK), or are they fx files?>2) The autobrake selector doesnt work. None of the positions>work, RTO, autbrake 2/3 etc... again, how do i make the>autobrake work ?It the POSKY's .air file doesn't have Autobrakes set to TRUE (meaning, available), then the switch won't work. You can modify the .air file with AirEd to enable Autobrakes.>3) (minor problem but i would love to get it fixed )..is there>anyway to add a 3rd position for the landing gear lever. at>the minute it only has the two, up and down but i would like>to know how to add an "off" position in the centre as well, if>possible.Without designing your own "gauge" to include this "feature" (that I'm not certain is realistic anyway!), you cannot.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Hi,Concerning the third pos of the gear lever, have a look in the 747-400 cab.I think there is a code which, automatically sets the gearlever in the off position after a certain time.Code: (A:Gear handle position,position) 0.5 > if{ -1 (>G:Var1) } els{ (G:Var1) 0 < if{ 1 (>G:Var1) } } (G:Var1)0 (>K:GEAR_UP) 1 (>G:Var1) (A:Gear handle position,position) 0.5 > if{ 0 (>K:GEAR_UP) 1 (>G:Var1) } els{ 0 (>G:Var1) } 0 (>K:GEAR_DOWN) -1 (>G:Var1)Jan"Procul Negotiis"