Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX001

The New Boeing 727-300, yes -300

Guest usairways_jett2

I know the Boeing 737- has up to the -900 version, but thinking of trying something new in the flight sim world.... IF anyone wants to help me on this, who would want to try the Boeing 727-300, with it being longer..and a few other things . just throwing out this concept on the floor to discuss.... mAtt

Blended Winglets, 2 IAE2500 engines, guess you take the one in the tail out, don't know. 2 pilot cockpit. Fuel Capacity lowered, no need for all of that. 5 foot increase in wing length per wing, improves handling at low speeds. What else you want to know? I have tons of thoughts.Al

You could have:-A glass cockpit-No Engineer's panel-More effiecient, uprated engines-Fly-by-wire controls-Winglets to increase range-Keep fuel capacity the same

Guest usairways_jett2

Hey, geoff, i sent you an email.... Umm does any one have a scale drawing of a 727-200, i would like to take some of the designs the email before has and merge with some of mine?..i would go to boeing.com, but i cant find the page for the 727 ...but if any knows where i could get a scale or 3 viewdrawing, that would be helpful.. mAtt

Guest CX001

Hey, UPS had it's 722s retrofitted with RR Tay turbofans if I recall. If a low bypass turbofan could be implimented, it would certainly give the airplane better performance. The center engine wold need an enlarged inlet, which would be easy, as well as mods to the aft fuselage where the engie would eb installed. The outer engines would be simple- new pylon that spaces the engien farther from the fuselage. A 1st generation glass cockpit(i.e 757-767 style) would be cool. A stretch might not be too good of an idea, but the rest sounds pretty realistic to me. Here is a link to where you can get .dxf drawings. I could redraw sections at home with AutoCAD to represent a 727 modified with new engines. We need to decide on the engine first, though. I don't think that using 2 V2500s would be a good idea, as it would require a redesign of the whole tail, which wouldn't make the aircraft worth it. I suggest the RR Tay, which would be adeqate for this a/c I'm sure. They are aviable in versions from 13,850 lbs thrust to 15,400 lbs thrust.http://www.boeing.com/assocproducts/aircompat/3d_view.htmlEDIT: bad spelling :-lol

Guest usairways_jett2

Ill go with you on the RR Tay turbofans, ill prolly go with a higher up 14,*** lbs trust.... One questions....i dont have any programs to open a .dxf mAtt

Guest CX001

Matt, gmax can import .dxf or .dxt drawings, but they become entities. I can make a bmp backgound by taking screeenshots and piecing them together. I can have the drawing ready by monday.

Guest usairways_jett2

If you wouldnt mind, id like to see what it looks like, to see what i can change and do with it... thanks matt

Guest CX001

What would "it" be, the drawing? Then go to the link in my first post and download the file. Simple. :-)

Guest usairways_jett2

lol.thanks ...matt

Guest usairways_jett2

this is probably a dumb question, but i cant get it to open the .dxt files at all...could some one help me with this? mAtt

Guest CX001

It's a AutoCAD format drawing. Like I said earlier, import it in gmax if you want to view it. File-> import, anmd select the right file type. (some are .dxf, some are .dwg). Or, you could go out and buy AutoCAD or a CAD program, but that's about 500 bucks. :-(

Guest usairways_jett2

thanks, but i cant click import, dunno why though, it wont let me mAtt

Guest IanK

>Hey, UPS had it's 722s retrofitted with RR Tay turbofans if >I recall. If a low bypass turbofan could be implimented, it >would certainly give the airplane better performance. The >center engine wold need an enlarged inlet, which would be >easy, as well as mods to the aft fuselage where the engie >would eb installed. The outer engines would be simple- new >pylon that spaces the engien farther from the fuselage. A >1st generation glass cockpit(i.e 757-767 style) would be >cool. A stretch might not be too good of an idea, but the >rest sounds pretty realistic to me. Here is a link to >where you can get .dxf drawings. I could redraw sections at >home with AutoCAD to represent a 727 modified with new >engines. We need to decide on the engine first, though. I >don't think that using 2 V2500s would be a good idea, as it >would require a redesign of the whole tail, which wouldn't >make the aircraft worth it. I suggest the RR Tay, which >would be adeqate for this a/c I'm sure. They are aviable in >versions from 13,850 lbs thrust to 15,400 lbs thrust. >>http://www.boeing.com/assocproducts/aircompat/3d_view.html >>EDIT: bad spelling :-lol Please don't use a signature which is barred to others as panamwings just returns: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.panamwings.com home page.You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer Thank you,Ian