Sign in to follow this  

Warning Light for Gear in movement

Guest harry3

Hi!I've a problm with a warning light for the gear, which should show up if the gear is in movement(up or down). So, I took the (A:GEAR TOTAL PCT EXTENDED,percent) variable. I've tried different things like if{} and other things.I just will post 2 versions of those I've tried.----------------------------------------------------------------------(A:GEAR TOTAL PCT EXTENDED,percent) 90 < (A:GEAR TOTAL PCT EXTENDED,percent) 10 > &.----------------------------------------------------------------------With if{}, I've done it this way:(A:GEAR TOTAL PCT EXTENDED,percent) 90 < if{ 1 (A:GEAR TOTAL PCT EXTENDED,percent) 10 > } & ----------------------------------------------------------------------I really don't understand why it doesn't work!Regards,Harry :-)

Guest bartels

The point is to use && instead of & or &. & is bitwise AND, && is logic or boolean AND (that's what you need almost all the time). Arne Bartels

Guest harry3

So, the one missing & wasn't the problem, but the problem was the A-variable. The (A:GEAR TOTAL PCT EXTENDED,percent) doesn't work. So I took the (A:Gear Left Psition,percent) as Jan has it in his gauge.And this works!!!Anybody knows why the (A:GEAR TOTAL PCT EXTENDED,percent) doesn't work???Works fine also with just one &(A:GEAR LEFT POSITION,percent) 90 < (A:GEAR LEFT POSITION,percent) 10 > & (L:warntest,bool) | Regards,Harry

My own approach to gear in transit detection is:(A:GEAR HANDLE POSITION,position) (A:GEAR LEFT POSITION,position) !=which in the quoted example would give:This detects any condition when the gear position does not correspond exactly with the gear lever position.Regards,Trevor.

Guest harry3

@Trevor: Good idea! I've now changed it as you wrote it above.But instead of left gear I take the 'GEAR CENTER POSITION', as this one takes the most time for moving up/down.Regards,Harry :-)

Guest Eugen

Hi,My solution which I use.BrgdsEugen(A:Gear left position,percent)

Guest harry3

Hi Eugen!So, if the last Case is independant from any value, it's always visible if the other 2 cases aren't true?!But why does FS know that is more important then the without any Value!? Because without Value is should always be true, even if the gear is 100% out!!! Regards,Harri :-)

Hi Harry, without any value should be read as else and must be the last one. If any prior case is executed it will be ignored. Otherwise it will be executed.Regards,Trevor