Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanK

Adjust fuel consumption

Guest jlwoodward

This is a method that I just used to set the fuel consumption for a new plane:1. Install a fuel flow gauge on your panel. This is temporary, you can remove it later. I used: gauge12=Mooney_Bravo!Fuel Flow, 490, 3902. Determine the maxumum power of your engine (250 hp in the example below). Assume a fuel flow of .5 lb/hr per hp (if you have a known figure, use it). With a fuel weight of 6 lb/gal, do this: (250 x .5)/6 = 20.8 gal/hr3. Go to your airplane, press ctrl-period for the parking brake, give it full throttle, and see what fuel flow you get. Mixture must be full rich and you should be at sea level.4. In the cfg file, adjust the fuel flow scalor up or down to get approx. 20.8.You can also throttle back to cruise power and lean it out to see what fuel flow you are getting for flight planning purposes, but you cannot modify this point. You get what you get. It appears that this figure decreases with altitude without touching the mixture. I am not sure if a real plane would act that way.Give it a try.John Woodward

Guest IanK

Hello John,just edit aircraft.cfg.Have you seen my engine section in Herve's site.See http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/fsdocs.html On FS2K fuel flow is proportional to the thrust but in FS2K2 you can change the fuel_flow_scalar in the aircraft.cfg file. Fuel flow = thrust * SFC (0.5 or 0.7)* fuel_flow_scalar. Also MS units are in Imperial. Pounds thrust and pounds per hour fuel flow. SFC is in units of h^-1. Ian